Friday, September 27, 2013

September Empties! Tom's of Maine Soap and Neutrogena Face Wash Reviews

Hi Sweeties!

Can you believe we're nearing the end of September? Me either! As a way to to say goodbye to September and hello to October (whoo hoo, Halloween!), I wanted to post on my "empties," the products that I have used up and am ready to throw in the recycle bin. This month, I used up Tom's of Maine's Natural Beauty Bar in the "Relaxing" fragrance and Neutrogena Natural’s Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover.



Now, I've already reviewed Neutrogena's face wash and its ingredients, which you can read about here, but I haven't done a review on Tom's of Maine's soap, which, let's face it, is an essential part of our basic hygiene and is therefore super important! So let's get to it!

My first impression of the soap is that it definitely does the job. It has an extremely pleasant scent, is cleansing, and makes a really nice lather. If I could make one tiny change to it, I would make it even more moisturizing because I definitely miss the moisturizing elements of some of the more common but toxic-laden soaps.

Now let's get down and dirty (and yes, the pun is intended)! The Environmental Working Group Skin Deep Database didn't have their own review on this particular bar of soap, so I researched each ingredient individually (as I always do) and posted them below. I'm really happy with the ratings. The use of "natural fragrance" is a little ambiguous, but they provide a link for more information which tells you at length how they use 100% natural sources. Personally, I would like to know exactly what fragrance they are using, but they offer a phone number to speak to their customer service if you have concerns about a certain ingredient. Tom's of Maine also offers a fragrance free version of their soap, but I have yet to try it out. I will definitely buy this product again. I found it at my local Target, it was relatively inexpensive, and in addition to it doing its job, it just spells good! Anyone have any other recommendations? Drop me a line and have a sweet rest of the month!



Ingredient
Sodium Palmate
0 (no data available)
Sodium Cocoate
0 (no data available)
Sodium Palm Kernelate
0 (no data available)
Purified Water
0
Glycerin
0
Sodium Chloride (salt)
0
See the link Tom’s of Maine has provided about its sources of fragrance
Sodium Ggluconate
0
Olea Europaea Fruit Oil
0
Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Seed Oil
0
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
3

No comments:

Post a Comment