Monday, September 23, 2013

Finally! The best concealer yet!

Hi sweeties!

Happy Monday! This blog post is dedicated to all you ladies who had way too much fun this weekend and need just a little bit of extra makeup magic to perfect that ideal “Monday” face. So, to make your Monday even brighter, I have great news! I finally found the Holy Grail of makeup – a concealer that actually WORKS and isn’t chockfull of nasty toxins! How exciting, right?!  I’ve posted before on my quest to find the perfect toxin-free concealer that will hide under eye-circles and blemishes and have come up with so-so results in the past. But finally, after many trips to the store and lots of online orders that simply got sent back because of their lackluster results, I finally found a great product in Tarte’s Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. It’s truly amazing! I’ve tried it out in all types of settings: office, late nights in the humidity, beach, working out, etc. You name it, it’s been there and guess what, it remained on my face, didn’t slide off, crease, or fade away. Plus, it’s waterproof and for someone who lives in Florida, having a concealer that is waterproof is essential so I was thrilled to put its waterproof feature to the test and have it pass with flying colors! I know, I did a happy dance too! 




I actually found it at my local Ulta store and tried out the different colors they had on display. I ended up with the second to lightest shade in “Light.” I usually go with the lightest shades as a rule, but the “Fair” shade was actually too light for me. The consistency is very thick. You really have to squeeze the tube hard for it to come out, but don’t let that scare you. I squeeze a tiny bit, and I do mean tiny, on my finger, lightly pat my fingers together and dab on under my eyes. It has a thick, creamy texture which makes it stay when you put it on. It does have a shine to it once it’s applied so make sure you set it with some pressed powder when you’re done. The concealer was $24, which is a bit on the high side, but given that you use such a small amount, I’m happy with the bang for your buck.


Now, let’s get down and dirty. What’s in this concealer that I can’t stop raving about? You know I won’t put something on my face, much less recommend that you do so, without putting this baby under the proverbial microscope. So here she is in all her glory:



Ingredient
Phenoxyethanol
4
Tocopheryl Acetate
3
Titanium Dioxide
1
Iron Oxides
2
CI 77491
1
CI 77499
2
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
1
Cetyl Alcohol
1
Microcrystalline Wax
1
Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate)
1
BIS-Diglycerlyl Polyacyladipate-2
0 (no data available)
VP/H0065adecene Copolymer
0
Silica Dimethyl Silylate
0 (no data available)
Passiflora Edulis (Passion Fruit) Seed Oil
0
Caprylyl Glycol
0



EWG gave it an overall rating of “2.” 


Bottom line? I couldn’t be happier with this concealer and am thrilled to finally throw out my toxin-filled department store brand that used to be my lifeline. Into the trash you go! Anyone else want to join me in trashing our nasty ingredient-filled products and saying hello to natural, healthy beauty? 

As always, feel free to leave a comment about your experience or tell me about the products you love! Stay sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment