Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Welcome, Sweeties!



Hi sweeties!


First of all, let me welcome you to my blog! This is a place of sweetness, fun, education, and collaboration. So what is this blog about, you ask? Why did I decide to enter the blogging world when it’s already filled with millions of other bloggers? Because when I went out looking for makeup products, hair care products, recipes, and healthy lifestyle activities, I couldn’t find them…at least not together. I would find snippets of information about all-natural facial moisturizers in one place, a recipe for an organic smoothie in another, and household cleaning revolutions somewhere else.  And to be quite honest, the quality of the information I found was suspect. Where were the references? The ingredients? The “I would put it on my child” quality stamp? I couldn’t find it. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. We needed, I needed, a central place to compile my findings, my reviews of products and I want to be able to share that with you! You might ask what spurned me on to start this intensive “quest” so to speak? Was it a viewing of “Supersize Me” or the perusal of the organic aisle in Publix? No, and to make a very long story short, it came about when I was diagnosed with cancer. Yeah, the c-word. At age 29. When I went in to have a routine procedure, cancer was found completely unexpected…I mean, when is cancer expected anyway? So I’ve since had the cancer removed and am still undergoing lots of fun “stuff” at the moment, but as a way to educate myself and my loved ones, I decided that as a part of my effort to kick cancer’s f^&%$#@ ass from here to the other side of the world, I would create something beautiful to offset the ugliness of the c-word. So here we are! Are you ready to kick off this awesome journey? Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment