Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Finally, a great eyeshadow and liner that's all-natural!



Hi sweeties! I’m super excited about this post for a number of reasons. 1) It’s about an awesome makeup product that I ordered and 2) It’s Amazing!!! Seriously, I have high standards, as you know, and when I finally put this bad boy to the test, it shined! So what is this amazing product? It’s 100% Pure’s Dual-Ended Creamstick in Chocolate/Champagne. I’ve been on the hunt to replace my old Clinique eye shadow primer (touch tint for eyes). And when I say “old,” I mean old. As in, I’ve been doing the makeup no-no of using a product for over (cough, eight, cough, years). Yikes. That’s even more embarrassing when I reread it. :)

I did a major order of 100% Pure’s makeup two months ago and have been putting their products to the test. I am so glad that their creamstick passed! First, the quality of the product. It’s beautiful and a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Secondly, I love the colors. They are just gorgeous. 
Photo credit: 100% Pure

The champagne is a nice light color that I like to use on my whole eyelid and the chocolate color makes a nice liner above your upper lash line. It also has great staying power which surprised me given that the ingredients are all-natural, which brings me to my favorite part: the makeup of the makeup! As always, I’ve outlined the ingredients below and their corresponding score with the Environmental WorkingGroup: Skin Deep Database, but let me give you the quick and dirty details.

  • It’s 100% Natural (check out the ingredients, it really is)
  • It’s 100% Vegetarian
  • It’s Gluten free

Amazing, right? I’m so happy with this product and can’t wait to try out the other colors. It was $18 for the liner, which is a lot more than I’m used to paying for a liner/shadow, but I’m so happy with the product that I’m okay with saving up my pennies to buy such a great makeup tool. What do you think? Have you tried any great products lately? Drop me a line and stay sweet!



Ingredient
EWG Skin Deep Rating
Jojoba Oil
0
Silica
0-2 (depends on if its aerosolized)
Meadowfoam Seed Oil
0
Mango Seed Oil
0
Candelilla Wax
0
Shea Butter
0
Macadamia Seed Oil
0
Carnauba Wax
0
Kelp
0
Agar Agar
0
Spirulina
0
a-tocopherol (Vitamin E)
0
ascorbyl palmitate (Vitamin C)
1
Rice Starch
1 (may have contamination concerns, depending on where they get their rice starch)
Black Tea Powder
0
Acai Berry
0
Pomegranate
0
Cranberry
0
Goji Berry
0
Blackberry
0
Mica
2
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment